Matira Beach, one of the world’s most famous beaches & regularly voted amongst the world's most beautiful beaches, is a beautiful stretch of white sand backed by stunning turquoise waters of every hue as far as the eye can see. The site offers a sence of constancy together with beauty & romance & presents the opportunity for an affordable ceremony whilst not detracting from the quality of what is being undertaken.
Matira Beach exudes love & it lends itself to those most special moments in one’s life such as a Traditional Tahitian Wedding or the Renewal of Vows.
Your special ceremony on Matira Beach will see you
- Greeted upon your arrival by the Tahua (Tahitian priest) & welcomed by a least a further 3 musicians & 2 dancers who assist the Tahua.
- Accompanied by your chosen photographer who will accompany you throughout the ceremony as required by you to capture this moment of magic.
- Protected from the southerly winds (maraamu) that often blow in high season.
- Offered good shelter in the event of inclement weather &, of course, appropriate sanitary facilities.
- Close to a wide range of quality restaurants should you wish to celebrate after your ceremony.
The ceremony is conducted by leading Bora Bora traditional ceremony experts Kolokani Entreprise.
Matira Beach is an excellent ‘stand alone’ option for those looking for an intimate Traditional Tahitian Wedding or Renewal of Vows Ceremony at an affordable price, particularly for those staying on the main island. Being readily accessible from Vaitape &, as a consequence, for those undertaking a legal Civil Wedding at the Town Hall, Matira Beach offers a 'value' option for those wanting that something special, that special traditional ceremony, that slice of paradise & love to seal their life-long committment.
Readers should note that since April 2016 the drinking of alcohol in a public place (including Matira Beach) is prohibited. This by it's very nature sees the opportunity to celebrate after the ceremony somewhat restricted (as does the fact that the beach is a public space). Restaurants, however, are readily available for those wishing to avail themselves of this idealic setting.